- Why do I back up my computer, rather than back it down (or even copy or duplicate it)?
- Why are hexadecimal colors written with both numbers and letters—did they realize when they got to 9, "Oops, gotta' go to letters... We forgot forest green!"
- How can anything not be Beta on the web?
- Why is "front-end" hyphenated and "backend" isn't?
- Why don't Apple notebooks have a forward delete button?
- Why does an HTML page have a head, header and headings—couldn't they come up with another root word?
- Why is an <a> called an anchor instead of, say, a link or target?
- While I appreciate the gesture, why didn't Microsoft spend those man-hours on compatability instead of conditional comments?
- Is the person who came up with the terms "selector," "declaration" and "attribute" still chuckling malevolently to himself?
What do you wonder about?